What’s so bananas about this Banana Ice Cream recipe? How awesomely simple and satisfying it is. This is one of those recipes that completely defies those who claim “sticking to a clean diet is too hard”. Welp, here’s your chance to have your ice cream and eat it too.
Maca and cacao’s health benefits work synergistically, and maca’s nutty flavor happens to compliment this recipe quite well. This combination, as well as the naturally-occurring sugars from the bananas, may have some stimulatory affects on some so we recommend having this treat earlier on in the day opposed to a bedtime snack. This actually makes an AMAZING pre-workout… let that fructose work in your favor.
Feel free to make a couple of tweaks to this Banana Ice Cream recipe, as frozen bananas can be a base for many ice cream recipes. You can add a scoop of whey protein for additional benefits or ½ tbsp of psyllium husk for added texture. Heck, toss in some cacao nibs for some crunchy choco chip goodness while you’re at it.
Banana Ice Cream Prep Time: 5 minutes
Servings – 5
Banana Ice Cream Ingredients:
- 4 medium sized bananas, chopped and frozen
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk (adjust depending on preferred consistency)
- ½ cup soaked walnuts
- ½ cup unsweetened organic coconut flakes
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 2 tbsp maca powder
- ½ tsp Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
Banana Ice Cream Instructions:
- Add ingredients to blender. Blend and enjoy immediately!
- If you have extra ice cream left over, freeze it in ice cube trays to add to smoothies or re-blend in the future. Again, refrain from devouring in one sitting!