Gen-WiFi? Unbeknownst to many, a large portion of our population falls into this category- constantly on cell phones and computers. The rhomboid muscles get a beating from being hunched over and accumulate quite a bit of tensions as a result of knots. This seated rhomboid scoop stretch is one that will not only improve mobility across your back but will also greatly alleviate back tension, which many of us tend to neglect.
Be mindful of your constant hunching, and be sure to practice this seated rhomboid scoop stretch in between bouts of the internet!
– Upper Back
– Post workout, after long periods of sitting, before bed, GEN-WIFI!
Seated Rhomboid Scoop Stretch Instructions:
– Sit up straight on the floor with legs straight in front of you, hip-width apart
– Bend knees slightly and heels on the floor
– Grab back of thighs with both hands, and begin rounding your upper back as you lean slightly back towards the floor. Keep your chin down
– Be sure to breathe deeply throughout stretch!
– Hold for about 20 seconds and roll back to seated position. Repeat two to three more times.