Preparing raw soups is an excellent way of incorporating more alkaline-rich raw veggies into your diet, and as a bonus, they are also super simple to make. This raw avocado soup recipe seems to be the staff favorite at HDX Fit for its refreshing flavor via cucumber/ginger and creaminess from the avocado.
A good rule of thumb for an amazing raw soup is choosing a leafy green base (spinach, kale, lettuce, arugula), a water-rich veggie (cucumbers, celery, tomatoes), a fat source (nuts, avocadoes, coconut oil) and fresh herbs.
We normally try to have a raw soup a couple of times a week, usually as part of our lunch or dinner. The enzymes in this soup will adequately prepare your belly for a nice hearty meal and aid in digestion. Want to kick up the greens a notch in this one? Add a scoop of Paradise Herbs ORAC-Energy Greens.
Nutrient-density’s never been more delicious!
Raw Avocado Soup Prep Time: 5 minutes
Raw Avocado Soup Ingredients:
- ½ a large avocado
- 1 large cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup romaine lettuce, chopped and tightly packed
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ inch chunk of fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons of coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoons of walnut oil
- 1 teaspoon of curry powder
- ½ cup unfiltered water (or to taste)
- Pink Himalayan salt and black pepper, to taste
Raw Avocado Soup Instructions:
- This one is pretty simple – put all of the ingredients into a blender and then blend until smooth.
- This is best served immediately but maintains freshness for up to 24 hours refrigerated.
- If it is too thick, then just add a little more water and blend again until you get your desired raw avocado soup creaminess…