We are huge proponents of eating a plethora of green veggies, and one tip we always give our clients is to stock your fridge with pre-washed and chopped organic veggies for whenever hunger happens to strike. For those of you who like preparing items in advance- this Creamy Tahini dressing will be your savoir. This stuff stays fresh in the fridge for up to a week and is absolutely delicious sprinkled over a salad or used as a dip.
The healthy fats in this Creamy Tahini dressing balance very nicely with the tart flavors of the apple cider vinegar, lemon and mustard. If you have yet to experiment with tahini- this will be the perfect opportunity. Tahini is made by grinding up sesame seeds- think of it as a sesame seed nut butter. As with any other nut butter, it’s dangerously delicious.
You can add more or less lemon juice (or even spring water) until it reaches your desired consistency. Mash this dressing up with a little bit of canned tuna and boom- instant tuna salad.
If you keep it thicker, this serves as a nice mayo substitute as well. Keep in mind that it will drastically thicken up once refrigerated.
Prep Time- 5 minutes
Yields 10 Servings
Creamy Tahini Dressing Ingredients
- 3 tablespoons of organic tahini
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin organic olive oil
- Juice of 3 lemons
- 1 teaspoon of dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup of organic, raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon of organic garlic powder
- Himalayan pink salt and black pepper to taste
Creamy Tahini Dressing Instructions
- In a blender, blend all ingredients for 60 seconds until nice and creamy.
- We stored ours in a special dressing container that whips the liquid back up, but you may also store in a small glass mason jar.