This Bison Sweet Potato Hash recipe blossomed from a lazy Sunday morning and quickly became one of our new favorite recipes.
We basically got in the kitchen and threw this together based on what was available in the pantry. Feel free to substitute spices, add extra veggies, or do whatever your little heart desires- and make it your own lazy Sunday concoction…. But we have to warn you- this one is pretty much perfect as is…
Bison is an AMAZING lean and clean meat that just so happens to be delicious. You can find some from your farmer’s market, specialty butcher (try The Meat House in Costa Mesa) or Whole Foods. Sweet potatoes make this a well-rounded meal and this is a recipe that will surely impress traditional breaky lovers as well.
You can serve your hash with a fried egg on top or you can enjoy it for lunch wrapped in nori or a fresh chard leave.
Bison Sweet Potato Hash Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bison Sweet Potato Hash Cook Time: 15 minutes
Bison Sweet Potato Hash Ingredients:
- 1 pound of bison meat
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, grated in a cheese grater
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons organic tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 tsp ground organic paprika
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp chopped rosemary
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Pink Himalayan salt and pepper, to taste
Bison Sweet Potato Hash Instructions:
- In a large skillet, heat ghee over medium-high heat.
- Once heated, add onions and garlic and allow to cook for about 2 minutes.
- While onions and garlic are browning, shred the cleaned sweet potatoes (with skin) in a cheese grater.
- Incorporate sweet potatoes. Cook for 5 minutes then add bison, seasonings and tomatoes,
- Cook until browned, about 10 or so minutes. Enjoy!